Brigham Henry Roberts (1857-1933)
|Alternate Names||B. H. Roberts|
|Birth|| 13 March 1857|
Warrington, Lancashire, United Kingdom
|Marriage|| Sarah Louisa Smith, 24 January 1878|
Celia Dibble, 2 October 1884
Margaret Curtis Shipp, 1 April 1900
|Death|| 27 September 1933|
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake Co., Utah, United States
|Religious Influence||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Callings|| Assistant Church Historian, 1902-1933|
President of the Eastern States Mission, 1922-1927
First Council of the Seventy, 7 Oct 1888 - 27 Sep 1933
|Occupations||Editor of The Contributor|
|ISNI||0000 0001 0911 9831|
|Wikipedia||B. H. Roberts|
|WorldCat||Roberts, B. H. (Brigham Henry) 1857-1933|
Brigham Henry Roberts was born 13 March 1857 to Benjamin Roberts and Ann Everington. Almost a decade later, Roberts emigrated to the United States and traveled with the William Henry Chipman Company to Utah. He was baptized in 1867 and settled in Bountiful, Utah. On 24 January 1878, Roberts married Sarah Louisa Smith and later that year graduated from the University of Deseret. He died 27 September 1933 at Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The Gospel: An Exposition of its First Principles (1888)
- The Life of John Taylor, Third President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (1892)
- Outlines of Ecclesiastical History (1893)
- Succession in the Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (1894, 1900)
- A New Witness for God (1895, 1911)
- The Missouri Persecutions (1900)
- The Rise and Fall of Nauvoo (1900)
- Corianton: a Nephite story (1902)
- History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in 7 volumes (1902–1932)
- New Witnesses for God, Volume II: The Book of Mormon (1903, 1909, 1920)
- The Mormon Doctrine of Deity: the Roberts-Van der Donckt Discussion (1903)
- The Seventy's Course in Theology, in 5 volumes (1907-1912)
- Defense of the Faith and the Saints, in 2 volumes (vol. 1 1907, vol. 2 1912)
- Joseph Smith, the Prophet-Teacher: A Discourse (1908)
- New Witnesses for God, Part III: The Evidences of the Truth of the Book of Mormon (1909)
- The Church as an Organization for Social Service (1916)
- The Mormon Battalion; its History and Achievements (1919)
- Comprehensive History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Century I (1930)
- The "Falling Away"; or, The World's Loss of the Christian Religion and Church (1931)
- Rasha—the Jew; a Message to All Jews (1932)
- Discourses of B.H. Roberts of the First Council of the Seventy (1948)
- Studies of the Book of Mormon (1985)
- The autobiography of B. H. Roberts, edited by Gary James Bergera (1990)
- History's apprentice: the diaries of B. H. Roberts, 1880-1898, edited by John Sillito (2004)
- B. H. Roberts collection, 1883-1933. MS 1278. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah (hereafter Church History Library). http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000120933&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 9 Mar 2015).
- B. H. Roberts papers, 1880-1965. MS 2729. Church History Library. http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000170101&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 9 Mar 2015).
- Bitton, Davis. "B. H. Roberts and Book of Mormon Scholarship: Early Twentieth Century: Age of Transition." Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 8, no. 2 (1999): 60-69.
- Jenson, Andrew. "Roberts, Brigham Henry." LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, vol. 1. Salt Lake City, Utah: Andrew Jenson History Company, 1901. Pages 205-6. http://archive.org/stream/latterdaysaintbi01bjens#page/204/mode/2up (accessed 13 Mar 2015).
- Madsen, Truman G. Defender of the Faith: The B. H. Roberts Story. Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1980.
- _______. "B. H. Roberts and the Book of Mormon." BYU Studies 19, no. 3 (Summer 1979): 427-45.
- Roberts, Richard C. A history of the B. H. Roberts family. Salt Lake City: Eborn Books, 2009.
- Walker, Ronald W. "B. H. Roberts and the Woodruff Manifesto." BYU Studies 22, no. 3 (Summer 1982): 363-66.
- Warner, Ted J. "B. H. Roberts on a Non-Mormon Topic: An Exercise in Historiography." BYU Studies 16, no. 2 (Spring 1976): 409-14.
- Jenson, LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, vol. 1, page 205.
- "Liverpool to New York 30 Apr 1866 - 6 Jun 1866," Mormon Migration, http://mormonmigration.lib.byu.edu/Search/showDetails/db:MM_MII/t:voyage/id:193/
- "Brigham Henry Roberts," Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database