David Hyrum Smith (1844-1904)
|Alternate Names||David H. Smith, Sweet Singer of Israel|
|Birth|| 17 November 1844|
Nauvoo, Hancock Co., Illinois, United States
|Marriage||Clara Hartshorn, 10 May 1870|
|Death|| 29 August 1904|
Elgin, Kane Co., Illinois, United States
|Religious Influence||Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
|Callings||Second Counselor in the First Presidency, 10 Apr 1873 - April 1885|
|ISNI||0000 0000 5455 5897|
|JSPP||Smith, David Hyrum|
|Wikipedia||David Hyrum Smith|
|WorldCat||Smith, David H. (David Hyrum) 1844-1904|
- Hesperis: a book of poems (1875)
- The Bible versus polygamy (1870s)
- "A word of advice to those that look for me to be the prophet" (ca 1890)
- Portrait of David Hyrum Smith, circa 1870s. PH 1700 537. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah (hereafter Church History Library). http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000336752&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC (accessed 25 Jun 2015).
- Avery, Valeen Tippetts. Insanity and the Sweet Singer: A Biography of David Hyrum Smith, 1844-1904. Doctoral dissertation. Northern Arizona University, 1984.
- _______. From Mission to Madness: Last Son of the Mormon Prophet. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois Press, 1998.
- Edwards, Paul. "The sweet singer of Israel: David Hyrum Smith." BYU Studies 12, no. 2 (Winter 1972): 171-84. http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/byustudies/id/221 (accessed 25 Jun 2015).
- McKiernan, F. Mark. "David H. Smith: a son of the Prophet." BYU Studies 18, no. 2 (Winter 1978): 233-45. http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/byustudies/id/610 (accessed 25 Jun 2015).
- Youngreen, Buddy. "The Sons of the Martyrs' Nauvoo Reunion: 1860." Latter-day Digest 2, no. 1 (Jan 1993): 35-54.
- Joseph Smith Jr. (1805-1844) (parent)
- Emma Hale (1804-1879) (parent)
- Joseph Smith III (1832-1914) (sibling)
- Alexander Hale Smith (1838-1909) (sibling)
- Elbert Aoriul Smith (1871-1959) (child)