Dimick Baker Huntington (1808-1879)
|Alternate Names||Dimick B. Huntington|
|Birth|| 26 May 1808|
Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York, United States
|Marriage||Fannie Maria Allen, 28 April 1830|
|Death|| 1 February 1879|
Salt Lake City, Utah Territory, United States
|Religious Influence||Church of Christ (1830), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Occupations||Farmer, blacksmith, shoemaker, constable, coroner, deputy sheriff, Indian interpreter|
|DBpedia||Dimick B. Huntington|
|ISNI||0000 0000 4526 9864|
|JSPP||Huntington, Dimick Baker|
|Wikipedia||Dimick B. Huntington|
|WorldCat||Huntington, D. B. (Dimick Baker) 1808-1879|
Dimick Baker Huntington was a leading Indian interpreter in early Utah Territory. He also commissioned C. C. A. Christensen to paint a Church History Panorama, which Huntington used in his presentations of the gospel to the Native Americans.
- A few words in the Utah and Sho-sho-nee dialects, alphabetically arranged (1854)
- Vocabulary of the Utah and Sho-sho-ne or Snake dialects, with Indian legends and traditions: including a brief account of the life and death of Wah-ker, the Indian land pirate (1872)
- Dimick B. Huntington statement, 1862 January 1. MS 4085. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah (hereafter Church History Library). http://churchhistorycatalog.lds.org/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?doc=ALEPH-PCHD000136899&displayMode=full&vid=CHL_PUBLIC
- "Dimick Baker Huntington." Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11212958 (accessed 7 Apr 2015).
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery counties, Utah: with sketches of cities, towns and villages, chronology of important events, records of Indian wars, portraits of prominent persons, and biographies of representative citizens. Ogden, Utah: W. H. Lever, 1898. https://www.archive.org/stream/historyofsanpete00leve (accessed 7 Apr 2015).
- "Huntington, Dimick Baker," Joseph Smith Papers website, http://josephsmithpapers.org/person?name=Dimick+Baker+Huntington