Frederick Madison Smith (1874-1946)
|Alternate Names||Freddie M.|
|Birth||21 January 1874|
Plano, Illinois, United States
|Marriage||Ruth Lyman Cobb, 3 Aug 1897|
|Death||20 March 1946|
Independence, Missouri, United States
|Religious Influence||Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
|Callings|| Prophet-President of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 5 May 1915 - 20 Mar 1946|
Counselor in the First Presidency, 18 Apr 1902 - 5 May 1915
|DBpedia||Frederick M. Smith|
|Wikipedia||Frederick M. Smith|
|WorldCat||Smith, Frederick Madison 1874-1946|
Frederick Madison Smith was born on 21 January 1874 to Joseph Smith III and Bertha Madison at Independence, Missouri. He succeeded his father as Prophet-President of the Church and served from from 15 May 1915 to his death on 20 March 1946.
- Edwards, Paul M. Our Legacy of Faith: A Brief History of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Independence, Mo.: Herald House, 1991.
- _______. The Chief: An Administrative Biography of Fred M. Smith. Independence, Mo.: Herald House, 1988.
- Howard, Richard P. The Church Through the Years. 2 vols. Independence, Mo.: Herald House, 1992-1993.
- Hunt, Larry E. F. M. Smith: Saint as Reformer, 1874-1946. Independence, Mo. : Herald House, 1982.
- Smith, Ruth Lyman Cobb. Concerning the prophet Frederick Madison Smith. Kansas City, Mo., Burton Pub. Co., 1924.
- Joseph Smith III (1832-1914) (parent)