Parley Parker Pratt Sr. (1807-1857)
|Alternate Names||P. P. Pratt|
Parley P. Pratt
|Birth||12 April 1807|
Burlington, New York, United States
|Marriage||Wives of Parley P. Pratt|
|Death||13 May 1857|
Alma, Arkansas, United States
|Religious Influence||Disciples of Christ (Campbell Movement), Church of Christ (1830), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Callings||Member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, 21 Feb 1835 - 13 May 1857|
|DBpedia||Parley P. Pratt|
|EMM||Parley Parker Pratt Sr.|
|JSPP||Parley Parker Pratt|
|MPOT||943, 42847, 46633|
|Wikipedia||Parley P. Pratt|
- A short account of a shameful outrage committed by a part of the inhabitants of the town of Mentor, upon the person of Elder Parley P. Pratt, while delivering a public discourse upon the subject of the gospel, April 7th, 1835 (1835)
- The millennium, a poem. To which is added hymns and songs on various subjects, new and interesting, adapted to the dispensation of the fulness of times (1835)
- A Voice of Warning and Instruction to All People (1837, 1854, 1874, 1877, 1891, 1893)
- Mormonism unveiled: Zion's watchman unmasked, and its editor, Mr. L.R. Sunderland, exposed : truth vindicated : the Devil mad, and priestcraft in danger! (1838)
- History of the late persecution inflicted by the state of Missouri upon the Mormons: in which ten thousand American citizens were robbed, plundered, and driven from the state, and many others imprisoned, martyred, &c. for for their religion, and all this by military force, by order of the executive (1839)
- An address by a minister of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to the people of England (1840)
- Parley P. Pratt papers, 1837-1967. MSS 7. L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. http://archives.lib.byu.edu/repositories/14/resources/5039 (accessed 15 Sep 2020).
- Givens, Terryl L.; Grow, Matthew J. Parley P. Pratt: The Apostle Paul of Mormonism. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Grow, Matthew J. "The Life and Death of Parley P. Pratt." Pioneer 54, no. 1 (2007): 24-29.
- Palmer, A. Delbert. "Hoping to Establish a Presence: Parley P. Pratt's 1851 Mission to Chile." BYU Studies 38, no. 4 (1999): 115-38.
- Pratt, Stephen F. "Parley P. Pratt in Winter Quarters and the Trail West." BYU Studies 24, no. 3 (Summer 1984): 373-88.
- Pratt, Steven. "Eleanor McLean and the Murder of Parley P. Pratt." BYU Studies 15, no. 2 (1975): 225–56.
- Smart, Donna T. "Over the Rim to Red Rock Country: The Parley P. Pratt Exploring Company of 1849." Utah Historical Quarterly 62, no. 2 (Spring 1994): 171-90. http://digitallibrary.utah.gov/awweb/guest.jsp?smd=1&cl=all_lib&lb_document_id=34968 (accessed 18 Jun 2015).
- Tullis, F. LaMond. "California and Chile in 1851 as Experienced by the Mormon Apostle Parley P. Pratt." Southern California Quarterly 67, no. 3 (Fall 1985): 291-307.
- Ward, C. G. "The Mormon Tragedy in Arkansas: Interesting Details of the Circumstances of Elder Pratt's Death." Daily Missouri Republican (May 26, 1857).